Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Worst Ultrasound

The fiasco that has been my health care situation so far should have prepared me for this.  But I was hopeful.  I don't know why exactly, but I thought that Kern County couldn't possibly ruin my ultrasound day.  I thought it was the one thing I could count on getting from them that was going to be good.  I underestimated their capacity for treating people like garbage.  How silly of me!

This is how my ultrasound experience went down:
1) The technician didn't say a word the entire time.
2) I could not see the monitor.
3) He finished abruptly.  I asked him if it was a boy or a girl and he said he couldn't tell.  I asked if it was measuring correctly and he just said yeah.
4) Then he told me to clean up and he walked out.

Just like that, it was over.

I managed to convince myself at some point during this thing that they would at the very least give me some pictures to take home since I couldn't see the monitor.  No.  That was stupid.  I didn't get anything.

I had been so excited about this appointment.  I thought I was going to find out the gender and get a little picture and be able to imagine what my baby looks like.

But I didn't even get to see my baby.  They took that moment away from me.

If you're ever looking for some advice on how to make a pregnant woman feel completely worthless, please call the OB-GYN clinic at Kern Medical Center.  They're pros!

No comments:

Post a Comment