It's been a while since I've updated, but life with a baby is a bit hectic--please forgive me.
This is what has been up!
- Clara gained almost three pounds in 5 weeks. On Monday she weighed 8 pounds 11 ounces. Un-freakin'-believable.
- When she was born, her pinky fingernail was the size of a sesame seed. It's a lot bigger now!
- I have become much more closely acquainted with bodily fluids of all sorts. This is not exactly pleasant, but I am glad the projectile vomiting only happened thrice so far.
- Our experiences with pee, however, seem to be much more frequent.
- When she smiles and holds her head up, I am the happiest mom.
- We finally seem to be getting into our groove around here. Diaper change, eat, play, sleep. Repeat. Repeat.
- When Clara sleeps I cook and try to try to clean.
- Daddy helps with feedings all the time. He's especially good at giving her tummy time on his chest. It's the cutest thing in the world to see!
- Swaddling has saved us. She sleeps so well in a swaddle! We didn't have a proper swaddle blanket but my husband invented an awesome double swaddle with two smaller blankets that is working wonderfully!
On the post-partum side:
- My pre-pregnancy jeans are too big now. You think I'd be happy about this but mostly I'm annoyed that I need to buy new pants.
- No more pains or bleeding! I feel right as rain.
- I've got some hormones making me a little extra emotional right now, but I'm sure that will pass soon.
Things are good. There are challenges, but we're getting through them okay. Everything seems to be getting better.