Friday, September 24, 2010

Almost 6 weeks old!

It's been a while since I've updated, but life with a baby is a bit hectic--please forgive me.

This is what has been up!
- Clara gained almost three pounds in 5 weeks.  On Monday she weighed 8 pounds 11 ounces.  Un-freakin'-believable.
- When she was born, her pinky fingernail was the size of a sesame seed.  It's a lot bigger now!
- I have become much more closely acquainted with bodily fluids of all sorts.  This is not exactly pleasant, but I am glad the projectile vomiting only happened thrice so far.
- Our experiences with pee, however, seem to be much more frequent.
- When she smiles and holds her head up, I am the happiest mom.
- We finally seem to be getting into our groove around here.  Diaper change, eat, play, sleep.  Repeat.  Repeat.
- When Clara sleeps I cook and try to try to clean.
- Daddy helps with feedings all the time.  He's especially good at giving her tummy time on his chest.  It's the cutest thing in the world to see!
- Swaddling has saved us.  She sleeps so well in a swaddle!  We didn't have a proper swaddle blanket but my husband invented an awesome double swaddle with two smaller blankets that is working wonderfully!

On the post-partum side:
- My pre-pregnancy jeans are too big now.  You think I'd be happy about this but mostly I'm annoyed that I need to buy new pants.
- No more pains or bleeding!  I feel right as rain.
- I've got some hormones making me a little extra emotional right now, but I'm sure that will pass soon.

Things are good.  There are challenges, but we're getting through them okay.  Everything seems to be getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment